Skip to main content

Passenger Seat



​Babe!  

We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

I’ve taught all 4 how to drive and it’s my least favorite parenting responsibility by far. It’s like volunteering to be tortured. The level of anxiety I reach before we’re even out of the neighborhood isn’t healthy. 

Abi is a good driver but I haven’t let her drive very much because Jadon and Joshua are in tow also. 

I can’t leave them home while we go drive, and they can’t come along till she’s more experienced. 

What is a solo parent to do?? It’s a whole family affair! 😡‍πŸ’«

The only bright side is I feel very close to death when I’m in the passenger seat.  Today I was wearing my Spider-Man pajama pants while she drove to school  I wondered if this is how I’d be dressed when I reunited with you...Hot mess for sure! 😘 

I can’t wait for her to get her license because I’m picking her up from work 4x a week on a closing shift. Most nights I have to drag the boys out of bed to do it too!! 😠

I love that she’s had a job since she was 14 years old so I won’t complain. She’s being a respectable citizen. πŸ™ŒπŸ‘

And she’s got a good chunk of money saved to help with a car. 

Please keep an eye on her Babe. I told her No Texting and driving… dad will know and let me know! πŸ‘€

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report πŸ‘†saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! πŸ™„πŸ€―πŸ₯°. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...