Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

​


While we’re in the kitchen…

The college kids are home for Thanksgiving and so I stocked up on “people food” 🫣

It feels like old times when our fridge is packed but all they eat is cereal. 😆

Your pecan pie is missing. 😥 but if you look closely you’ll find your coke is still waiting for you. (2nd shelf) Thanksgiving was perfect and by that I mean low key, stress free. We did the usual, went to Black Bear and then an event. This year we did Illuminaria at Thanksgiving Point. 


It was fun being together again.


I didn’t get pictures of all of us. (Missing Abi and jadon) Kinda funny how I’ve stopped obsessing over pictures and focus on being present instead. 

 I’m so thankful for our kids. You’d be proud of their progress. The littles have enjoyed having the big ones home. They rough house with them like you would. It’s so refreshing. 

A full house without you is different. You’re missing but not absent. I feel you. I get unexpected and overwhelming emotions for you that bring me to tears. Real, raw emotions of grief to my core. My heart hurts and the tears fall and I sit with it for as long as it takes, but I go on, thankful for your presence even though it’s fleeting.  

I’m ready for the holidays. Christmas is exactly what I need. I’m going to fill our house with the Spirit of Christmas and be grateful for the life you’ve blessed me with. 

I’ll admit I’ve dreaded Christmas, assumed it would be more of your absence but it’s actually been the opposite. The more I embrace Christmas the closer to you I feel. I started putting up Christmas decorations yesterday, and already have most the shopping complete.(Black Friday deals started last week)

 I want to celebrate our memories and continue our traditions with joy not sadness and suppressing you makes me sad so I’m not going to do that. You loved our house during Christmas and I’m going to keep doing what we always did🎄

I told the kids to pick out a new pair of shoes for Christmas for a gift from you. 🥰You were the one to buy them new shoes so I’m going to keep that going each year. “Shoes from Sam.” 😘 👟 🎅 

December has always been a big month for us. Can I get through it without you?? It’s our Anniversary, your birthday, Christmas and New Year’s. 🥺

I’ll do it With You, Without You. 😘 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...