Skip to main content

Mother's Day


Finally!  A Mothers Day with your Mom!! 🥰

My Mother's Day got off on a great start!  Abi got her Patriarchal Blessing this morning. 

 You know this, because you were there.  We all felt you. 🥰.

 I felt you as soon as I entered the room.  

Did you see all those books?! 

 I knew you'd love that room.  

You and Jarom would've been in heaven. (Ha! you literally are 😂)  

You and Patriarch Gibbons are kindred Spirits. So many of those books remind me of you.  

 It was a beautiful blessing.

 Abi especially loved hearing her future husband will remind her of you. 🥰


She told me she was really glad she didn't get her blessing earlier (before you died) because you are so present in it.  

The introduction is all about you; where you are and what you are doing right now. 

"Your father, a true disciple of Christ, has been gathered home to a glorious reunion with your Heavenly Father and  your Heavenly Mother. He is now an appointed messenger, clothed with power and authority, and commissioned to go forth and carry the light of the gospel to men and women who sit in darkness.  Your fathers angelic presence, which we feel even now in this room, will be with you forever to guide you, to guard you, and to comfort you.  In sacred times and places, he will be close to you, and in times of darkness or despair, he will be there to lift you and to shine a light on your path." 

Abi has a beautiful life ahead of her.  I can't wait to see how she navigates it with YOUR/our help.

Our sacrament started right after the blessing, I sat and cried through most of it because I kept thinking about feeling you.

  I'm getting smart...I travel with tissues 24/7.

  I cry all the time 😂

Oh!  I dreamt about you last night.

  You just showed up from the dead and started getting ready for church!!  

I told you we couldn't go to church. 

 You were going to die again, we had to get you to the hospital!!  

It wasn't a good dream.  I think my brain is trying to believe the is a chance you are coming back.

Jarom and Jace are still in New York.  My Mother's Day card: 😆


I pick them up tonight at the airport.  


The Knicks didn't win but they had a great time. I'll hear the update tonight.

Mother's Day went on as usual: I spent the rest of the day locked away, ALONE!! (In the "Teak Zone") 🥰. 

Jennica is watching the kids.

I have a play list that keeps you alive (and me in tears).

  It's on repeat.  

It's been a good day with you.  

The only thing missing (besides all of you) is a bowl of your homemade Vodka Pasta on a plater at my door, like you always did.  

Not only would you give me a weekend away for Mother's Day, you also made sure I had food.  

Even when I stayed in a Hotel you would personally deliver me food.  I love the way you love me.

  Today I settled for chicken nuggets. I ran downstairs when the kids were out of site and grabbed a plate. 

 Jennica made sure ice cream is stocked too.

Oh!  Jennica is YOUR daughter!😆. Yesterday she called me into the room and asked:  Do you want your Mother's Day presents today or tomorrow...and by tomorrow I mean right now?"😂 (read your version of this, here)

Then proceeded to give them to me.  She is so thoughtful, like you. 

Kathy texted me today. 💗 I am so thankful for her in your life.  I'm sure she was missing that phone call from you today, but happy for you to be in the arms of mom.

I bet Judy is missing your flowers today too.  

I miss you the most!  Thank you for crying with me again today.

🤟 I love you.

Stay close 😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...