Skip to main content

Heavy




 

You always said there would be plenty of time to sleep when you were dead.  So...why don't I believe you are sulking in a bed like I am today?  
What is it like for you on the other side?  Are you seeing beautiful things and thinking: "Ah!  Ember would love this!"  
Do you have those painful grief punches in the gut when you remember I am not in the next room? 
I'm doing ok.  Really.  I just miss sharing life with you.  I can do one day at a time.  The thought of getting through a day is totally doable.  When I let my mind tell my heart you aren't coming back again it kills me.  I let that in for a bit today.  It was brutal.
When this happens, I have a good cry, listen to this song and hand it over to Jesus.  
He fills my broken heart with hope and thinking of you working in heaven puts a smile on my face.
I'll keep working hard here to put a smile on your face too.
We got this! 🤟
("fake it till we make it?") 😂




I'll just wait...and believe
🥰

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...