Skip to main content

You're still here


 Today I took your truck in to get the crack in the windshield replaced.  I’ve already had to change your oil, get a flat tire fixed in the van, register the van, and fix the crack in the van windshield.  All these things are things I would’ve turned over to you.  Look at me grow! ☺️Payment for the new car and house insurance policy posted the night before you passed.  Man your timing was impeccable.  Thanks for getting us set up.  I looked through your text messages and saw who your agent was and reached out to him.  We got you removed and Jace added.  Oh!  Your new drivers license arrived while you were in AZ.  I forgot to tell you when you returned.  We pulled it out of the envelop and handed it over to the Detective the day you passed away.  It was used for the first and last time in the same day.

Today was a rainy cold day, the perfect day to clean out our closet and do laundry!  


I made a DI pile for me and only a small one for you.  All of your clothes are washed and put away.  


As I folded your jeans I had a big smile on my face. I felt happy remembering you today. Which is odd because I’ve been so emotional lately. 


 I love the way you fit into your jeans.  


I love your zip hoodies, and your soft workout shirts.  I’m keeping everything. 


When I see them I see you in them.  It seems perfectly normal to keep your clothes because I don’t believe you are gone forever.  I know you won’t have need for these clothes again but because I know I’ll see you again, somehow that means I should hang on to your clothes. 🙄🤷🏽‍♀️


 I even kept your working clothes because they remind me of you building the fence, and tiling the pool.  You really don't have a lot of clothes.  


I think thats why I want to keep everything.  Everything has a memory of you in it.  


I especially love your sock drawer.  Did I ever tell you how sexy it was to me that you bought your own socks? 

 Socks with style, mind you.  I loved that confidence.

  You never asked me if they were "too much."  You owned the crazy socks and it was sexy to me. 

I had a strange realization today.  I am going to grow old and you aren't!!  😳

 

As I went through your drawers I found your stash of supplements and pre workout.  Why were they in your bedroom drawer??  😆.


 Timing was great because Brice Williams was coming over to give us a gift so I boxed all your supplements and gave them to him.  

You even had some stashed in your coat closet downstairs??  I told him to take everything he would use, otherwise I would be throwing it away.  

He took it all and then I noticed he sent a Venmo payment tonight! What a dude.  


I also gave him all your 5 hour energy and Army Caffeine gum you had in your top drawer.  You were stocking up for the Millennium??

Oh Darn!


  I just realized we had a Bucket List to run a marathon together.  Welp!  I guess I'll have to give all this running crap away and scratch that item off the list.  boo hoo.


I will give your stash of running aids to Ben. 

I’m really glad I can give this stuff to your friends.  I like that better than tossing it.






I listened to Talking Scriptures podcast while doing laundry.  Bryce was talking about the Resurrection and what it will be like when we are called to awaken and arise from the grave.  He talked about holding the keys of the Resurrection and claiming the privilege of calling his wife from the grave in the Morning of the second resurrection.  I have a new found interest in these things now that you are on the other side.  I know I am going to see you again and nothing about it is going to be reverent. 😆 I. can't. wait.


I found your missing ear bud!  It was lost in your pile of ties.😂

Question:  What happened to the hose tap in the front yard?  It won't turn on.  It seems stripped.  Weren't you just using it to wash the cars?...Which by the way, Thank you for having my van and your truck hand washed and waxed before leaving us.  You didn't leave a mess anywhere behind.  Except piles of books.  I'm finding your books and memorization cards all over the place. 🤓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...