Skip to main content

Dirt & Rocks

                                           

The best part of my day today was mowing the lawn.  It made me happy.  The second best part was watching the sprinklers.  I thought of you laughing at me while I watch them.  I know you would have enjoyed watching them with me today.  It was a gorgeous night.  I would have shown you all the new grass that is starting to sprout in the places I repaired last fall.  The front lawn is looking amazing, if I do say so myself.  I am so proud of my master piece.  Today I completed leveling the hill in the backyard and I reseeded it.  I watched the sprinklers run on that section twice today.😆 Mom and I saw a snake by the rock wall and it didn’t even bother me.  🙄 What explains that?  It’s probably the one you let get away last year.  (Thanks a lot)

Our yard is so beautiful.  I enjoy spending ALL day outside.  Joshua helped move rocks and sweep the basketball court.  Jadon ate rocks an


 dirt and walked in all the places I didn’t want him to-barefoot…then through the house.  Mom and I planted a lilac bush, and several other 


plants along the rock wall and made steps to the gate.  The new fence makes me think of you. I love it.  You did a great job.


If you were here I know you would be proud of our progress in the backyard.  You always praised my green thumb.  Thank you. 

You were on my mind all day.  I love my lawn but I love you more. 😘 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...