Skip to main content

Today



 Today is July 16, 2025.  It's a normal day today, nothing unusual going on here, BUT today, 4 years ago, changed everything for us.  

Today is July 16, 2021- the day we had our first session with Liz. I remember it well. I had the worst stomach ache during the session and the rest of the night.  I did not want to address the issues I had stuffed for 23 years.  I just want to run from them and you. I wrote:

"It was his idea to see a Counselor.  I protested, confident it would not work, simply because I did not want it to work"

Today is July 16, 2022- a year into our "repair."  While reporting to Liz in an email I realized it was exactly 365 days from our first visit with her.  I wrote: 

"Not only do I believe in love- I believe love has the ability to create miracles!"

Today is July 16, 2023- I am away for the weekend locked up in a room to recharge and write.  While in my journal I find an old post from 2012 wishing for a better relationship with you and I repost it to today's date because it came true. We got the do over! 🥰 I wrote:

 "I need to get better at forgetting and I’ll probably get better at LOVING while I’m at it. "  

Today is July 16, 2024- I don't write anything on this day, but my photo reel captured  this photo 

and a video of our dirty kitchen floors, and Nutella smeared on walls, doors, and windows in the shape of little Jadon's fingers.  All signs of a thriving family!

Today is July 16, 2025- I scheduled a session with Liz today.  I sat in my usual spot and we talked about you, me, and us. Today isn't what any of us expected.  The movie The Vow hits differently today. 🤯. We went through some similar stuff.  Today it is more clear to me that God is the writer of our story.  Just like he was today, all those years ago.

Today was a bad day, a day of miracles, a wish come true, a perfect day, and a day I am so thankful we didn't give up on.

I LOVE YOU! 🤟

Stay Close! 😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...