Skip to main content

Kid Update 🤪

 Hey Babe!

I heard some funny things today I wanted to share with you.  First, Jace was harrassing me about Jadon not wearing pants (and his underwear being inside out) 😆.  I told him I was in "survial mode", it's a win that he had underwear on.  Joshua overheard me say this and yelled out to me in disbelief from our room:

"Mom!  You are in survival mode?!  I play in survival mode, but only when I am playing Sponge Bob on Minecraft."

😂 At least Joshua is impressed with me! 😂

See, Jadon didn't wear pants on Sunday either.

(I was thinking of you when I took this pic. Thanks for the cute kids.)


The second thing was Jace asking me if Jadon loved meatballs.

"Does he like meatballs?" I repeat.

Jace: "Yeah, at the park he wouldn't stop saying meatballs."

I reply: "He's saying MONKEY BARS." 😆 

Jace felt bad he missed out on that.  They didn't do the monkey bars.🙈

This week was a better week for me.  I made a family schedule for so I can be consistent on my homework.  Each day someone is in charge of  PLAYING with Jadon and Joshua outside of the house from 10am-1pm while I go to the Library.

Jennica had Monday.  She swam with them and got their favorite treat...Pebbled ice.

Abi had Tuesday.  She played with them at UptownJungle and took them "Exploring." 

 It's their new favorite thing to do in the backyard. Abi took them out in the real world though.  Joshua puts on a hat and gloves and they walk the fence line.  It always includes Jadon in tears (because Joshua goes too fast) and never happens without him tripping.  His knees, legs and hands are covered in bruises and scratches. He is tough though.  He gets up a keeps running while crying: "It's ok."

This arrangement made all the difference in my week so far.  When I am home, I am able to be 100% present with the kids instead of stressing over what I am not getting done for school.  I was a different mom!  My plan is working!!  The older kids are happily helping too!  Things are starting to come together again.  Who knew a house of order is the way to go? 🤓😇 


I'm getting the breaks I need to be nice again.  I identified 3 R's I need in my life right now.  Time to Reflect, Recover & Rebuild. Each day I need to make room for whatever R needs attention. I've needed a lot of Recovering as of late.  Those are the days I stay in bed longer, cry more, and do less. Those moments pick me, I don't pick them. When they come I know I have things in place to help take it easy. 

I started a new Paint by Numbers. It's a good Reflecting activity.  

Blogging to you counts for all 3R's!  Going to the Temple is too.

You'll love this...I woke up at 5:50am and was sitting in a session at 6:30am!  We have it SOOO good.🥰


 

Here is a pic of Jarom making me breakfast a few weekends ago.  He is taking a nutrition class and I ate his homework.


This is what we've been up to:

Check this out!  He came to me asking if he could do more math to earn iPad time. I LOVE it!!
Jadon wakes up this happy!  

Joshua figured out how to draw on pictures from the iPad.  Where did this come from?  He's good! He has a creative mind.  I decided to let him text the family to encourage reading and spelling.  He is hilarious.  I get lots of texts...no words just this: 




Remember Jace?  Jace who?  I got nothing on him.  I see him come and go...sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cause of Death

  Babe!   What the heck?!   I picked up your Autopsy and Toxicology  report yesterday.    Cardiovascular disease?? Myocardial fibrosis?? Pulmonary edema???   How is that real? How does that equal this: How does this make sense? We get this report 👆saying your  biological age is 11.7 years younger than your calendar age and then 10 days later you are gone?! The only time I ever heard you mention something about your heart was a week before you died !  We talked about the surprising blood results concerning your heart and I asked you if you felt any of it.   You said: "No" with a mouthful of spinach. You admitted your heart hurt recently because we were fighting.  "Being distant from you has been really hard on me." You said.  "My heart hurt a lot." I thought you were being dramatic! 🙄🤯🥰. You said you were sure the next round of blood results in July would be better because we were better.   The only red flag w...

Passenger Seat

​Babe!   We have another driver!  I have mixed feelings about it. As with every new Hobi driver, no matter how good (or bad) they are behind the wheel, I fear for my life when I’m locked in the passenger seat. I try my best to be supportive and patient but I’m not a good copilot!  

Color

​    When I paint I am restored to a peaceful perspective on what is important in life and everything slows down and is calm. Also, when I paint, the kids don’t bother me. I think it’s because I do it in the main living room and they like being in the same room as me. They just hang out and enjoy the moment of mom sitting still and not talking to anybody. I recorded every painting session and found it interesting that I loved using the bright colors but the best parts of the time laps happen when I use black.  I hated using color number 22 and 24 because they were BLACK but I loved how it made the color pop in the video.  It’s true in life, our dark moments enhance our life and in a weird way actually make the color in our days brighter.  I took a break from painting because I didn’t want to complete the painting in one week. (I was booking it!") It sat untouched for over a week and I was in a funk that entire week.  Yesterday, I was so tired of being grump...